The Langley Rivermen Hockey Club will be hosting a U16 and U18 team with the opportunity to play in the BC Spring Hockey League (formally JSHL) playing from Late May until early July
The BCSHL is an independent spring program organized by BC Junior A teams to give top players in their region the opportunity to showcase their skills in front of coaches and scouts from various levels of hockey.
The league offers junior league style play where teams travel to various locations throughout BC and play 3 games over a weekend against other BCSHL teams. Games will be simulated like BCHL games, with stop periods, ice cleans between periods.
The cost for the Langley Rivermen BCSHL spring program is $2,150.
The age brackets for the teams are as follows:
- U16 born 2005-2006
- U18 born 2003-2004
We are accepting applications now– click here to apply
Proposed Schedule (subject to change):
- May 14-17 (Chilliwack U18, Langley U16)
- June 12-14 (Surrey U18, Chilliwack U16)
- June 19-21 (Victoria U18, Nanaimo U16)
- June 30- July 4 (Surrey)
- Championship day will be 3rdor 4th will be playoff day
The Langley Rivermen U16 & U18 Spring League program includes the following:
- Coaching by the Langley Rivermen/Langley Trapper staff; which will help athletes gain a deeper understanding of the demands and expectations of a high-performance athlete;
- 12 Full length games , 3 at each event. Games will simulate Jr games structures
- Showcase weekends will be run across BC
- 15 hours of development ice;
- 5 hours of dry land training;
- Rivermen Spring uniform including home and away jersey and socks;
- League Website with full stats, standings, and player profiles;
Stefano Ruscitti (Head Coach U16)-Stefano currently serves as the Director of Hockey Development for the Langley Rivermen. Stefano has worked as the Assistant Coach for the Langley Rivermen (2016/17; 2017/18) and as the Assistant Coach with the North West Giants Major Midget program (2015/16) and currently serves as an Assistant Coach at BWC CSSHL Prep.
Jason Tatarnic (Head Coach U18)-Tatarnic played junior, university, and professional hockey prior to his coaching career at the Junior “A” level. As a Head Coach & General Manager Tatarnic compiled a 470-172-14-16 record and was considered one of the top coaches in the country. Under his leadership and guidance his teams have won league championships, regional championships and as a General Manager Tatarnic built a national championship team in 2017-2018. Tatarnic also has experience on the international stage as the Head Coach of Team Atlantic at the World U-17 Championships. Over 170 players have graduated to the NCAA, CIS, and professional hockey under his guidance including Dennis Chowloski who was drafted 20th overall by the Detroit Red Wings in the 2017 NHL Entry Draft.